Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Samarkand's Durood Pak Journey

                Durood Pak Journey #2                 



Samarkand 's Durood Pak Journey


The Journey of a Mere Speck

For years, I used to cling to people around me. I would attach myself to family members and friends to fill the deep void inside of me. I always felt very needy and unloved. I tried to over love people for a long time, but every single time, I would hurt myself and then regret this love. Plus, there were problems within our family, it was breaking apart. My parents were getting separated, while my siblings were already at a distance.
In such distressful times, I was always in search of a guide, a spiritual mentor whom I could look up to and follow. Thus, with the intention of finding my spiritual guide, this mere speck recited Salawat daily. Alhamdulilah, in 2012, the wish of my heart was fulfilled, however, the difference is that it is not us who find the Murshid, in reality, it is the Master who seeks out the student. It was during those turbulent times that this speck was sought by the Beloved, no longer needing anyone else. Then, the Salawat becomes one's best friend- at home, on the bus, in school and even in troubling moments. I recited Salawat e Naariyah 11 times after ever prayer and hope to continue it insha'Allah.

At this point, I am reminded of a beautiful saying by Henry David Thoreau: "Your religion is where your love is". And, it is true, once one surrenders wholly to the Beloved ﷺ., religion no longer remains a set of obligatory laws and rules, it becomes one's day and night, one's life and one's death. I would like to conclude with another beautiful quote by Robert L. Millet: "Love is intended to last longer than time, to span the veil of death and continue everlastingly."

May Allah Almighty illuminate the hearts and souls of the readers of these words for these words pertain to a higher realm, not to this physical world. They speak of a love so sacred, an intoxication so holy, it is known solely to lovers. Lovers who spend their days and nights weeping for the fragrance of their Beloved are further honored by the pearls and corals that illuminate their heart and tongues. These exquisite gems are none other than the recitation of blessings and praises on the Most Beloved ﷺ.

One such pearl is the Salawat e Naariyah. It is also known as the Fire. Indeed, this Salawat ignites a burning fire inside the heart of the seeker, a longing so passionate and pure, it can only be extinguished by the heavenly light of the Beloved's countenance- Nur ul Mustafa (SalAllahu Alahi Wa Alihee Wasallam). The broken are lifted, caressed and purified through this sacred connection of Salawat.




Salawat Naariyah - The Fire.

Allahumma salli salaatan kaamilatan Wa sallim salaaman taamman 'alaa Sayyidina Muhammad-I Nilladhee tanhallu bihi'l 'uqad wa tanfariju bihi'l kurab Wa tuqdhaa bihi'l hawaaij wa tunaalu bihi'r-raghaaib Wa husnu'l khawaatim wa yustasqa'l ghamaamu biwaj'hihi'l kareem Wa 'alaa aalihi wa sahbihee fee kulli lamhatin wa-nafas Bi 'adadi kulli ma'loomin-lak

Ya Allahu Ya Allahu Ya Allahu

Insha'Allah may Allah Almighty unite us with the Beloved ﷺ. in duniya and akhirah. Ameen suma ameen.


Al Fatihah

3 comments:

  1. ما شا الله .... Ameen to your beautiful dua...May Allah Pak bless you with 'Qurb e ﺻَﻠَّﯽ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪُ ﻋَﻠَﯿْﮧِ ﻭَﺍٰﻟِﻪ ﻭَﺳَﻠَّﻢ ..... may we be under the blessed gaze of AAQA ﺻَﻠَّﯽ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪُ ﻋَﻠَﯿْﮧِ ﻭَﺍٰﻟِﻪ ﻭَﺳَﻠَّﻢ in this world and aakhira. آمین یارب العالمین بجاہ النبی الآمینﷺ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aameen,, inspirational story,, may Allah bless you more,,
    😊

    ReplyDelete